Each year HAA participates in the Channel 13 Share Your Holidays food drive. Food collection happens during the month of November. If your company or property is interested in collecting please see the food drop off information below.
Drop off of these locations for food:
Camp Construction, 15139 S Post Oak Rd, 77053 or
Cotton Commercial, 3010 Claymoore Park Dr. Houston, TX 77043
If you are collecting food here are a few ideas for collecting at apartment communities
- Identify central and highly visible areas, and designate them as your official display/food collection locations.
- Decorate a display/food collection area and a box for food collection (does not need to be from the Food Bank) to draw attention to collection & to make your food drive more fun.1st, 2nd, 3rd prizes will be given to the property with the best decorated display.
- Place a flier at each resident's door or in your newsletter or place a flier in the mailbox area to announcing you will be collecting food during November and where to donate. Here is a sample flier
- Fun Ideas for collecting.
- Food Bank Logos for your promotional material.
Houston Food Bank and the Rescue Bank. (for pets)
Rescue Bank Most Needed Items
Food Bank Most Needed Items
Please contact Susan Hinkley at 713-595-0313 or email@example.com with questions.
Managers do you have children in your community who need access to food after school and during the summer? The Houston Food Bank's Kids Cafe is a program to help alleviate child hunger by providing hungry children with free nutritious meals at times when other resources are not available such as after school and during the summer. Nationwide 1 out of 20 children who rely on free or reduced priced meals during the day also rely on after school programs. For more information on the Kids Cafe contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 832-369-9390 for more information or visit www.houstonfoodbank.org