Q: When moving out a resident, do we include damages?
A: Yes. When entering move-out information, include balanced owed.

Q: Can we enter move in information on residents before they actually move in? A: No. The system is set up not to accept "pre-lease" dates. Only enter move-in information for residents who are actually moving in.

Q: Does it matter if we "guess" at a Social Security Number if one number is illegible?
A: Yes. One number can throw off social security accuracy. Please make sure that all numbers are correct and legible.

Q: When filling out move-in/ move-out information is it necessary to have full names? A: Yes. First and last name are mandatory when inputting information on a record. Include both and a middle initial, if possible.

Q: What if we misspell a name, will it affect the history? A: Yes. Correct spelling of a name is necessary for pulling criminal records. One missing or incorrect letter could cause inaccurate information to pull up.

Q: What does RCR stand for?
A: RCR is an acronym for Rental Credit Reporting. Rental Credit Reporting was established in 1977 to solve screening problems the Houston Apartment Association founders felt plagued the industry. Developed by Houston Apartment Association Hall of Fame members Harry Reed, Bill Dinerstein, Lester Prokop, and H. J. Tollett Jr. among others, RCR has unsurpassed data on resident rental histories in the Houston region.

Q: What do I do if I feel someone is abusing our Property Code and/or password for RCR? A: If you suspect that your Login ID and Password are being abused, call RCR at (713) 595-0329 and request that it be changed. Call RCR the second you suspect abuse.

Q: If a resident asks, how long does information stay on an RCR report?
A: Information is kept up to seven years from the move-out date. If there is no move-out date, then the record will stand. This is why it is very important to record a resident move-out when the resident moves out.

Q: What is the proper procedure when a resident transfers to another apartment on the same property? A: Enter the resident move-out information for the first apartment before reporting the new apartment move-in information. 

Q: Does RCR allow residents get their own RCR Report?
A: Yes. Residents who want to obtain a copy of their RCR rental credit report can do this by mail or in person. In person requests are only taken on Wednesday and Thursday from 9 am - 12 pm.

Download the following forms:

Q: Where is the Houston Apartment Association located?

A: The HAA offices are located in west Houston just off Beltway 8 and Clay Rd.

The physical address is:
4810 Westway Park Blvd.
Houston, Texas 77041

Q: Is there a charge for residents requesting a copy of their RCR Report?
A: Upon your request and proof of proper identification, RCR will provide you a copy of your report at no charge: (i) one time during any 12-month period; (ii) not later than 60 days after you receive notification pursuant to the FCRA stating that your credit rating may be or has been adversely affected; or (iii) if your report is requested in connection with your being a victim of fraud, including identity theft.

In cases of a request that is not required to be provided for free under the FCRA, you will be required to pay a processing fee of $8. Acceptable payments are: cash, credit cards (American Express, Visa, and Master Card), money order/cashier's checks, and debit cards with Visa or Master Card logos.