Navigating Rental Assistance
The government has invested billions of dollars into rental assistance programs across the country. A rental assistance program may be available to you and your property. We have developed this Rental Assistance Matrix to help you navigate through some of the details so that you can determine whether any of the programs fit your needs and circumstances. To view the matrix, please click this link.
Rental Assistance Programs
Many rental assistance programs are running low or have run out of money, but many have applied for additional funding. We are including links to all area programs, but understand that availability of assistance is NOT guaranteed. Be sure to check the status of each program.
The purpose of this page is to inform renters of various programs and agencies that may be able to provide financial assistance. Please note that this list is not exhaustive. There may be other programs and agencies available. Additionally, please understand that programs and agencies may have limited funds, may have varying qualification processes and requirements and may not be available for all renters seeking assistance. Further, there may be some programs or agencies that only provide services to limited geographic areas in our community.
The Harris County TERAP has received funding for rental assistance. Apartment owners and residents in Harris County, but not in the city limits of Houston, Baytown or Pasadena, can apply for this program.
To apply for the program please visit: https://housingandcommunityresources.net/covid-19-rental-assistance/
CITY OF HOUSTON
The City of Houston and Harris County have received additional funding for rental assistance.
To apply for the program please visit: http://houstonharrishelp.org/
Program is LIVE
Money will be sent to the landlord/property directly.
To learn more about the program and sign up today please visit the website HERE
For Residents to Apply
- Follow this link to apply Click Here
- FAQ Document - Click Here
- NOTE: This is a NEW program and you must apply to be considered.
Click HERE for more information about the program.
CLICK HERE to register
- If you have multiple properties, please complete an application for each property.
- Please write down your Confirmation Number once application is submitted.
- Required Documents:
- Signed and completed W-9 from https://www.irs.gov/
- ACH Payment information or manual (check) payment information.
- Current tenant rent roll with rent amounts
- Current Certificate of Good Standing from State of Texas
- Property Management Agreement (if applicable)
- Signed and notarized Affidavit for authorized signer (if applicable)
How you selected to receive payments is how payments will be sent to the property. (ACH or Mailed Check)
NORTHWEST ASSISTANCE MINISTRIES (NAM)
Rent and Mortgage Assistance Program
Now processing applications online. To apply go to www.namonline.org
Note, payments will be made to either the resident or the landlord depending on what funding source the resident qualifies for.
Resident flyer – Click Here